Seven members of Clarke Mairs attended very useful “Step inside dementia” training given by Alzheimer’s Society on 16th October 2017.
The training enabled participants to:
- understand the main common causes of dementia
- examine how dementia affects the brain and impacts on the experiences of everyday life
- recognise how those with dementia may respond to certain situations and environments
- improve their communication skills
- understand how to hold an effective meeting with someone with dementia
We now have 7 ‘Dementia Friends’ in the office.
The training helped our continued efforts to become dementia friendly. Clarke Mairs are already part of the North East Dementia Alliance and Newcastle Dementia Action Alliance.
‘A dementia-friendly community is a city, town or village where people with dementia are understood, respected and supported and confident they can contribute to community life.’