Trusts are a valuable tool for safeguarding and controlling assets for future generations. At Clarke Mairs we can help you with the creation and running of a number of different types of trust.
DID YOU KNOW
- People set up trusts for many reasons:
- They can help to mitigate inheritance tax.
- They can ensure assets are looked after for young and vulnerable beneficiaries.
- They can reduce the risk that beneficiaries will lose assets, for example through divorce or bankruptcy.
- They can provide lifetime income for one beneficiary (e.g. your spouse) whilst retaining capital for the benefit of other beneficiaries (e.g. your children, grandchildren).
- They can shield assets from exposure to care costs.
- They can help succession planning in family businesses.
- Trustees have certain legal powers and duties conferred by the trust instrument and law which we can advise on.
‘A dementia-friendly community is a city, town or village where people with dementia are understood, respected and supported and confident they can contribute to community life.’