Residential leaseholders in England and Wales have various rights in law to extend their leases, purchase their freeholds, and address unsatisfactory management of their properties.
At Clarke Mairs we have a great deal of experience in acting for both Landlords and Tenants in Newcastle, the North East and throughout the country in the following matters:-
- The Lease Extension of flats pursuant to the Leasehold Reform, Housing and Urban Development Act 1993;
- The Enfranchisement (purchase of the freehold) of blocks of flats pursuant to the Leasehold Reform, Housing and Urban Development Act 1993;
- The Enfranchisement of houses pursuant to the Leasehold Reform Act 1967;
- The Right of First Refusal pursuant to the Landlord and Tenant Act 1987;
- The exercise of the Right to Manage of blocks of flats pursuant to the Commonhold and Leasehold Reform Act 2002;
- The appointment of a manager pursuant to the Landlord and Tenant Act 1987.
Whether you own a single leasehold house or flat or a large number of freehold or leasehold properties, we can offer clear, comprehensive advice on the options available to you and can manage the whole process for you from start to finish.
Clarke Mairs’ experience in this complex area is recognised by our inclusion on the LEASE website www.lease-advice.org/ and in being a member of the Association of Leasehold Enfranchisement Practitioners (ALEP) www.alep.org.uk/.
For further information please contact Katy Rushworth firstname.lastname@example.org.